Laser Facial Rejuvenation
What is laser facial and how will it help me?
Intense Pulse Light, known popularly as laser, causes rearrangement and regrowth of collagen fibers of skin. This leads to a tightening effect, minimizing the wrinkles. It reduces age spots and sun blemishes giving more youthful look.
Who is the candidate for the laser facial?
A person, male or female, above 35 years of age will benefit from the treatment.
How it is done?
- The procedure involves consultation with the cosmetic surgeon.
- Once the treatment parameters are determined, you will be taken for the actual session.
- The face is cleansed with cleansers to remove makeup, oil and grit.
- A cooling gel is applied to minimize discomfort.
- The laser light is applied according to the parameters.
- The cooling gel is cleaned.
- Revitalizing soothing gel is applied.
What is the duration of the treatment?
Approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
What are the after treatment precautions?
- Avoid using scrub soaps and facial scrubs for 3 days.
- Avoid scrubbing your face rigorously.
- Avoid direct sunlight, if you have to go out in sun, use sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or more.
Can I continue my routine after the treatment?
Yes! You can even go back to the work. The after effect includes mild to moderate redness. This subsides in a day or two.
Can I attend a party or function immediately after the laser facial?
As mentioned above, there will be some degree of redness for 1 to 2 days. Therefore, we advise to take sessions 2-3 days before an important event.
How many sessions will I need?
We recommend, 4-6 sessions at the interval of 3 weeks for an appreciable result. A maintenance schedule of once every 4 weeks will give you an excellent long term result.