What is skin polishing and shining?
- We are exposed to environmental pollution and sun everyday. This exposure can make our skin dull and lusterless. Skin polishing is a method to get back the glow.
- Technically this is known as microdermabrasion. In this procedure fine crystals are “bombarded” on the skin. This removes outer dead layer of the skin. The new glowing skin will be seen now. The procedure can also minimize pore size and increase collagen growth giving a younger looking skin.
Who will benefit from Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion benefits persons with fine lines, wrinkles, superficial hyperpigmentation and sun damaged skin.
What will be the exact procedure?
- The cosmetic surgeon will consult you and assess your requirements.
- Your face will be cleaned with cleanser.
- The microdermabrasion, according to the parameters set, will be done.
- A soothing gel will be applied.
How long does it take?
It will take 30 – 45 minutes.
What is the after care?
- Generally, microdermabrasion does not lead to any sequelae. It can produce mild redness in sensitive skin. This will disappear in 2 days time.
- One has to avoid exposure todirect sun or should use Sunscreens with an SPF or 15 or more.
How many sessions are required?
- In general 4 -5 sessions at the interval of 3 weeks are required for an appreciable result.
- We recommend a maintenance schedule of one session every month.
When can I attend parties after a session?
Though most patients do not develop redness, we recommend a session 2-3 days before an important event.